Paris Observatory / UFE
The "Ground Segment" gathers all the necessary ground means to send and receive the information exchanged with the satellite, and handles the data processing.
The elements of the ground segment are :
- One primary and one secondary ground station for the emission and reception of the data.
- The CoRoT control center (CCC) which forwards all the information going up to the satellite.
- A transmission network for the data
- The CoRoT mission center (CMC) which plans the observations (ascending chain), processes the information received by the satellite (descending chain) and carries out the first analyses of the scientific data
- The CoRoT data center (CDC) is responsible for the final quality of the data and its distribution to the scientific community.